How do you feel about where you are in life? Are you where you expected to be doing what you expected to do? Have you fulfilled your hopes and dreams? Are you still working toward happily-ever-after? Have your plans been derailed? Did you have a pie-in-the-sky, change the world kind of vision? How’s that vision working for you?
Whether you feel big or small, whether you think of yourself as successful or an abismal failure, let me remind you of a simple, yet profound truth – I’ll work up to it:
- Genesis – God creates the universe – out of nothing.
- Exodus – God provides manna for the Israelites – out of nothing.
- 1 Samuel – God anoints David. He makes a king out of a shepherd boy (out of nothing).
- Gospels – Jesus serves a meal to 5000 people – out of nothing.
- Peter, an ignorant and unlearned fisherman, meets Jesus and becomes a fisher of men. A no one becomes a someone and history changes forever – out of nothing.
Now read 1 Corinthians 1:26 – 29:
“For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence.”
Regardless of how you feel about your life, what you think you have or don’t have, what you know or don’t know, what you believe you can or can’t do, in spite of every logical, perceivable, apparent limitation – here’s the simple truth:
If God can make something out of nothing then surely He can do anything with me.